Wednesday, July 21, 2010

2nd Busy Week and our trip to Vegas


On the 4th of July we went to Orem and spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa Baugh's house so that Ben could get up and go fishing with his dad the next morning and so we could go to the Provo City Parade. Ben got done fishing around 8am and we had breakfast and headed for Center St. We had the best seats thanks to some of his family that lives on Center St! The boys loved looking at all the floats.


After the parade we headed home to pack up to go camping. Ben and I have tried to go camping at least once a year during the summer. So far I think we have gone almost every year. We go up to the Uintas and camp out near Strawberry. We got the best camping spot this time because we went when everyone else was headed home. We camped that night until Wednesday morning. Ben did all the work. He packed up the car, set up camp and made every meal we ate. Then he cleaned up camp and packed the car back up! He is such a hard worker and I am so grateful for him. We had some nice walks around Willow Creek, Ben caught some small fish and even got a snake for Aidan and Ethan to play with! it was the perfect weather. It didn't get above 75 which was just great! Thanks honey for the great memories you help make with our family!



On Thursday I finally cleaned my house and then on Friday I took the kids to the Dinosaur Museum…their favorite. I think we spent like 3 hours there that day! Saturday Ben and I did absolutely nothing! It was really nice!
My parents gave us a bunk bed set that I had when I was little. It was pretty banged up but it's all wood, so Ben has taken it and sanded almost all the pieces. It looks brand new! I can't wait to stain it and it will look soooo nice. Our place is only 3 bedrooms so when the baby comes the boys will have to share a bedroom and bunk beds are the best way to save space. Ben has worked so hard on them and I just LOVE him for it! I will have to post some pictures of them later.
Sunday we left for Las Vegas because Ben had work to do down there for the week. I had a lot of fun. Kathy totally spoiled me and the boys while we were there. We went to Panera Bread twice for lunch. I don't think I could ever get sick of that place! We went shopping to TJ Max. We went to see Despicable Me which was such a cute movie. She watched the boys for Ben and I so that we could go on a date to see Knight and Day! She took Ben and the boys to see Karate Kid while I was shopping with my sister-n-law Jill and her mother-n-law Melinda to Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale. I think we spent about 5 hours shopping. I was wiped out when I got home! Saturday Kathy got in the pool and went swimming with us which has never happended in the five years that I have been married to Ben! It was so nice to have her out there with us. The boys absolutely loved having her swim with them!


Aidan swimming at age 3! from jaclyn on Vimeo.

Ethan swimming with his Grandma Kathy! from jaclyn on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Roxy said...

they are getting so big! I went to the Nordy's sale too...Burberry boots. Oops. I want to see the Cargo beds! Get them posted! And P.S...Ben I need to find somebody that will take me camping too. I miss it. Good job.