Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Linder Family



So on February 16 I left to my aunt's and uncle's house to take care of their 5 kids while they went to New Zealand and Australia for a week and a half. I'm not going to lie, I was really nervous about the whole thing but it actually went really well! Marla was so kind to type out the schedule for each day which inlcuded getting up at 6:30am to get my cousin Rex out of bed for school. Honestly for those who know me best I am NOT a morning person! That was really hard for me especially when he wouldn't drag his butt out of bed. I can't really complain because when I was in high school I did the same thing to my parents that he did to me which was every time they came to check on me to make sure I was awake, I would say "I'm up I'm up!" and I would act like I was getting up and stretching and as soon as they closed the door I would lay down and pull the covers up over my head! It was the worst! So yes I would have to go in every 5-10 minutes to make sure he was up. I would say 99% of the time I would have to go in there and shake him and tell him to get out of bed! I now know what it is to be a mother! I was a TAXI DRIVER all week! Taking kids here and picking kids up there and taking kids somewhere else! Honestly thank goodness for carpooling to help you out! I didn't mind too much because I got to drive their Escalade which was really nice! We celebrated my cousin's 14th bday while they were gone and went to the park and played and Ben took Aidan to a BYU basketball game late one night! It went by fast and I told them that any time they go out of town to call me because we had a blast! It's always nice to have a little extra income too!

1 comments:

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Wow! What an adventure! So THAT'S where you guys have been! We were in the same boat a year ago babysitting our friends' 5 kids up in Alpine. Craziness! Hey, by the way, before I forget, we are going to get together with the girls to go out to dinner with Jenna Friday night. They are now moving on Sunday.